How You See Yourself
Ever go to a carnival and look into one of those distorted mirrors, you know, the ones that make you look three feet tall and five feet wide? The image of yourself that you see back is distorted. It can produce a good laugh. But many of us struggle with a similar condition – we don’t see ourselves accurately. We are hindered from being the best version of ourselves, the version God intended. We are prevented by this insidious thing called iniquity.
Iniquity is mentioned 334 times in the Bible, yet so many remain oblivious to its significant and negative impact on everyday living. Iniquity is the ancient term for narcissism. It’s what turned a good angel, Lucifer, into the devil… “thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee” (Ezekiel 28:15). It’s one of the four reason Jesus went to the cross… “He was bruised for our iniquities” (Isaiah 53:5). It’s why Jesus was sent… “to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities” (Acts 3:26). As you journey through the pages of this book you will not only identify the problems iniquity imposes upon us, but you will also discover the solutions.
- How iniquity contributes to mental illness
- How iniquity causes divorce and destroys households
- How conquering iniquity will cause your prayer life to flourish
- How you can finally live without fear and regret
- How to embrace the benefits that come from being free from iniquity and the way it robs you of your God-given potential!
- How iniquity is different from sin